Thursday, October 25, 2007

Something new.....

Tonight I did something I had never tried before. First of all, I did this to my pork chops. (Repeat offender) and J had some potatoes out for the baking. (we microwave potatoes and call them "baked". does anyone else find that odd?) Then in need for something else that we thought we might get the kids to eat. HMMMMMMMMM, what do we have?

In the veggie drawer, there is a bag of butternut squash. ("I can't eat 'squash', it sounds like it's been sat on", George Carlin...pardon the language) I dusted it with a little bit of salt, some sugar and some cinnamon...oh...and a bit of olive oil. Then I put it in the toaster/convection oven at 425 Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes until it was pretty tender. Next, I dropped all that in the blender w/1 Tbspn of butter, maybe 1/4-1/3 Cup of milk, more sugar and cinnamon and pureed it.

It was good. Since I didn't make that much and it went on all the plates, I figured I would show a Carlin video. I love this one.

No comments: