Saturday, February 10, 2007

Frittata (repeat offender)

So, this morning, I was trying to think of a way to make these fritattas more filling. The first time I made one, I used potatoes and sausage. No one really liked it that much. Today's wasn't much different, but I wanted to share it with you "three".

8 eggs, beaten
1T Veggie oil
1T EVOO
1/3C Milk
Handful of Spinach
1 Potato diced (optional)
1/2 sm onion, diced (optional)
1/2-1C grated cheese (your choice, I used sharp cheddar)
garlic salt
pepper

Dice onion and potato, toss in skillet until potato is cooked through. (season with garlic salt and pepper to taste) Place potato in a bowl and set aside. Beat eggs, add EVOO and milk and mix well. Pour eggs into pre-heated 10" skillet, until eggs set somewhat. Add potatoes, onion and spinach...let spinach settle....then add cheese.....put in oven (350 degrees...right?) for about 7-10 minutes, remove when cheese is barely brown. Slide it on to a cutting board to cool for a few minutes so the cheese is easier to cut and serve.

My kids call it "eggie pizza" and love fritattas. At any rate, give it a try and let me know what you think.

Later!

No comments: