Sunday, June 10, 2007

Angel Hair Carbonera ala West


I originally found the recipe for Spaghetti Carbonera in the April issue of Sunset magazine. I didn't have it near me, but I thought I knew what was in it. I was a little wrong. Go look at that link I just posted. (click here if you're lazy)
I used the following:
Half a box of angel hair
3 cloves of garlic
2-3 slices cooked bacon
about a handful of pine nuts
some olive oil
about a dozen shakes of crushed red pepper
about a handful of Parmesan cheese
Process:
while pasta was cooking, heat skillet w/olive oil, add pine nuts, then bacon and garlic, add pasta(drain it first!) toss to mix, add a little more olive oil, red pepper, cheese. It's really easy to burn the garlic, so be careful with that. Oh, right....the pine nuts take some care too, but over all, this is one of the easier dishes I've done. and it was so dang good.
Serve it up. Who has time for garnish with food this good?

No comments: