Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Seared Ahi w/Citrus Marinade


OK, now I should be doing some dishes, but I was really excited about making something that was pretty darn good for dinner. The seared ahi w/Citrus Marinade was pretty good. Just enough to taste, but to be honest, it could have used some soy sauce or some real ginger

What I used:
The Juice of 1 orange and 1 lemon
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 Tablespoon of EVOO
1Tablespoon of Balsamic
(truth be told on those last two ingredients, I eyeballed it)
1-2 sprays per side of Wishbone "Asian Silk-Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette" on each slice of fish
3 good size slices of yummy looking Ahi Tuna
We will not discuss the Mai fun Noodles as they did not turn out as good as I had wished. (they were still pretty good)
How I did it:
Begin heating grilling pan or if you're doing it outside, get your grill ready w/medium heat. In a cup, squeeze orange, then lemon, mix sugar then oil then vinegar. (remove citrus seeds) Whisk it all together really fast.(wow! that was easy!) Pour over Ahi, flipping to make sure fish is coated w/marinade. Then spray each slice of ahi w/salad dressing. Then place on grill and pay attention, because this stuff cooks quick. I like mine just barely seared, but my wife likes hers cooked a little more...so if you are cooking two different temperatures, put the more rare piece on last as that will ensure everything gets done about the same time.
Serve over some jasmine rice or some Mai fun or chow main. I bet if I had some bokchoy and other veggies this would have been a longer post.
Until next time.....thanks for stopping by the Wampus!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey west...did you ever get that job?
-dp