Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Shrimp, it's what's for dinner (or was last night)

We had some scrimps that needed to be cooked since they had been thawed for a different dinner for someone else. Luckily J asked if that person liked shrimp. They're allergic......eat a shrimp, go meet your maker.....glad she asked, plus we got to eat this for dinner.



What you see on your left, is what I had. It's a grilled shrimp 'n cheese. I think my wife might classify it as "bachelor food", but it was good. J, my wife if you haven't guessed, had shrimp a la carte.

"What did you do to it?" J asks, as
I'm sure you're wondering.


Well, I took the wok, cranked the heat up to HIGH. (very shunned, unless you're cooking with a wok) Took a table spoon of mince garlic (we have a jar I need to use up so I can go back to the real stuff) some oil (put that in first and let it get hot). Drop the garlic in the oil, then the shrimp, toss some pepper, a little salt and some cayenne for some zing. OH! A dash of soy sauce is usually pretty good, too.


That's basically what I did and if I'd had some rice it would have been better, but I didn't get home until late and forgot to ask J to start the rice. She didn't know I wanted to cook the shrimp......my bad.


Hope ya'll enjoy.........................come back to the wampus.


Gotta give some love to my boy, Matt, for those dang chimichurri burgers. They looked great and I might have to run that truck down one of these days.

No comments: