Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Cooking with Country Crock

I know you're really not supposed to because there seems to be something like a water base, but I needed butter in a pinch as to make some crepes. I know I've used it before (in fact, I think last time I made crepes) but this time it just didn't come out quite right.

Could one of my foodies that check in from time to time let me know why one isn't supposed to cook with things like Country Crock? Can one use stick margarine? This is where my lack of training comes into play. I guess I could look it up to find out, but I get distracted when I start looking things like that up.

If I find the answer, I will come back and update.....but right now I have to go an recruit some Java developers...as opposed to coffee makers. (ha!)

2 comments:

Culinary Vixen said...

Hey West!
You can't cook with Country Crock or other margarine types because the additives used to make the stuff can't handle the heat. There is usually water added too, which is not welcome in a hot pan! The additives burn or at least change taste and the water steams.. eew.

Anonymous said...

I visited many websites however the audio quality for audio songs current at this web site
is genuinely superb.

Feel free to visit my webpage :: Natural CLeanse Review