Sunday, December 03, 2006

Thanksgiving 2006

Ok, so we went to J's Aunt's house down in South Orange County. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time visiting with the family. Monkey #1 spent the week at Grandma's in San Diego County so it was super great to have all the monkeys together again for the car ride home.
We had a very yummy Turkey with what I'm guessing is the "standard" in stuffing. It's not the same as what I grew up with down south, but was pretty good. We had what was called "dressing" which was a cornbread based stuffing cooked in a 9x13 pyrex pan and it was yummmmmmmmmy. At any rate this was still really, really good. Take a look at the Turkey.







Then J's cousin brought his smoker and smoked a ham. We had a heck of a time keeping it lit....hahahahahahahaha! (singing the Jepardy theme while I wait for the photo to upload)







The best part, however, was that he also did some baked beans! I guess they would be called "smoked beans". Check 'em out.





I would be remiss if I didn't mention the side dish of all side dishes. This is a long standing tradition in my wife's family. It was originally called "Berry Mallow Caserole". It is yams, marsh mallows cran berries. Can anyone guess what name has been migrated into? Since I only about 4 readers, I won't let it go any longer. It is now called "the Barry Manilow". Sorry for the build up, but that's about as good as it gets. Unfortunately, my wife will not allow the recipe to be spread all over the internet. (and she is one of the 4) Here is the picture.

As you can see, it was quickly scooped up. I thought it was silly and I'm not that big a fan of the ingredients; so, this took me a couple of years to aquire the taste. Now I love the Barry Manilow (in small doses), but it is a great side for your Thanksgiving.

Anyway, this was my Thanksgiving at the Caddywampus, which wasn't really at the Caddywampus. How was yours?



1 comment:

Julie said...

Hi Honey! Let me know next time you need any photography work done for this blog. I'm here to help!
A pile of turkey in the sink = not that appetizing.

Thank you for not divulging the "Secret of the Manilow".