Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Easy Shrimp Chowder

Alright, ya'll. I finally have another actual recipe up here. This is an amazingly easy thing to make. The hardest part is deveining your shrimp....actually I think finding somewhere that offers tail-off, peeled and uncooked shrimp is harder....but my wonderful wife found it. By the way, I got this from Southern Living magazine a couple of years ago. I'm sure it will turn up there again. They do re-run recipes from time to time.

1.5 lbs of uncooked shrimp (peeled/deveined)
1 sm yellow onion, chopped
2 cans of Cream of Potato soup
3.5 cups of milk
.25 tspn cayenne pepper
1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese

Ready, Go! Sautee onion in boiler with some butter (eyeball this one). Add milk soup and cayenne, bring to a boil. (Now be careful and stir frequently because milk has a nasty reputation for sticking to the bottom or burning easily.) Add cheese continue stirring until melted. Add shrimp until it turns pink. Remove from heat and enjoy. This should serve 12 cups of soup.



OK, I'm hungry.

Someone try it and let me know how you like it.

No comments: