Thursday, March 13, 2008

BBQ Chicken w/twice baked potatoes


This was fun to make. I've never done it before, but this is what I made for my wife's birthday dinner when her folks came up from Oceanside.


Now the chicken was a Caddywampus standard of crispy skinned indirect heat BBQ-ing and the corn was also cooked husk on, directly on the grill. The twice baked potatoes...let's take a look on how this was pulled off.


First, I popped the potatoes in the oven for about an hour, pulled them out and cut each one in half, scooping out the meat into a bowl. While those potatoes were baking, I sliced up some ham (didn't have bacon) and browned it in a skillet just to get it crispy, chopped up some green onion and shredded some sha'ap cheddah cheese. Then with some milk and a stick of butter and a couple o' table spoons of sour cream, whipped it all up together and re-filling the potatoes. What came out was pretty dang good for a first try. I topped it off with a bit more cheese, the ham and green onions then popped those bad boys back in the oven for about 20 more minutes (or until the cheese begins to bubble/brown).


Yummy......

No comments: